Friday, March 16, 2007

Video of Asma un-Nabi

Bismillah irahman irahim

Balaghal ‘ula bi kamalihi
Kashafadujja bi jamalihi
Hasanat jami’u hisalihi
Sallu ‘alayhi wa Aalihi

[He attained exaltation by his perfection.
He dispelled darkness by his beauty.
Beauteous are all his qualities,
Benediction be on him and on his family.]

- Saadi al-Shiraz, Gulistan

[trans. by Edward Rehatsek]



Video of Asma un-Nabi





The authentic names of the Prophet (peace be upon him) include those that that he cited himself, names stated in the Qur’an, and attributes stated and given to him from the Qur'an and Sunnah.

What has come about the names of the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and the words of Allah Almighty, "Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, and those who are with him are fierce to the rejectors," (48:29) and His words, "after me whose name is Ahmad." (61:6)

Malik related to me from Ibn Shihab from Muhammad ibn Jubayr ibn Mutim that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "I have five names: I am Muhammad and Ahmad. I am al-Mahi, the Effacer by whom Allah will efface disbelief. I am al-Hashir, the gatherer, after whom people will be gathered, and I am al-'Aqib (there will no Prophet after me.)"
[sahih al-Bukhari 4.732, Malik's Muwatta Book 61, #61.1.1]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home